Saturday 27 June 2015

Faith


Hebrews 11:1 
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Remember the trust game? Where you were asked to be blindfolded and your friend was going to lead you on a journey; or the one where you had your eyes closed and had to fall back into the arms of a friend?
I remember it so vividly in a leadership programme I attended. It was my turn to be blindfolded and I was already shaking within. I didn’t like not knowing what was happening next or what my next step was. I was lost; in the dark. but I felt a familiar hand grasping mine, reminding me that she was there and promising not to let me fall. 
I smiled and relaxed. this was someone I could trust.

faith.

We all have it within us- that sense of confidence, reliance, trust. 
Faith. So great inside of us that we boldly reassure our family, loved ones and friends that we’ll see them later. yet so small to move us to make decisions, take the next step or even fall backwards with the assurance that we won’t fall. We recoil, hesitate, stop.

"what if I fall?” 

Hunny, but what if you fly? What are your chances that your fall is your starting point from that flight that makes you soar high, higher than you could ever imagine.


Faith is that little voice in your head always telling you "hang on, I got you, you can do this.” It makes you fearless, giving you a little sense of pride. power, if you may. It’s not in some of us, its in all of us. You ignite the fire, and you leave it to do its work. Shine- bright. Bright enough to put out the darkness. To make you see that clear path ahead of you. To give you hope and that giddy feeling that everything is going well, or would be at least. 
Someone out there is looking for some faith, let yours motivate theirs.

Till next time, 
Peace & love,


Thea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment