Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year, New ... ?

Hey guys, happy new year!



Been a while ey? I've been out doing some soul searching concerning my blog, while trying to come to terms with the fact that I've been having commitment issues with it. (hides face)
But alas, my soul has been found and I am dealing with these "commitment issues" with Abba. 

I've got a great year planned for my blog and by God's grace, I'd be seeing all of them through. So to start with, I wrote this post a couple weeks before the year ended while thinking about my year gone past and the one ahead. I hope you enjoy it and please do leave me suggestions if you have anything you'd like me to share on! 
God bless you. 

Do you ever wonder what your future looks like? Won’t it be so cool if we had foresight into it and so we could tweak our actions, some decisions and maybe ditch a couple of people in our lives because they don’t actually end up helping us. 

So what if you could actually gain foresight into your future, how much are you willing to change your present to align it with your future?
Before you think I’m talking about magic, which I’m not because I don’t believe in it, can I tell you first hand that I can and have seen into my future?
How? 

Well isn’t it interesting to know, and it really doesn’t take much to realise, that the oldest book yet the most current, had and has all the past, present and future answers. 
For example, about my past, present and future sins the book says "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
About choosing friends, it says "Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”
About planning events and making decisions, “Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success.”
About finding wisdom, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
And so much more answers to the questions we spend days, months and years trying to figure out. 
We complain and get upset over our friends and associates but we wouldn’t have had to if we looked at the book to see our future. To see that if we walk with wise people, we too will become wise but all the pain our ‘friends’ cause us, is because we are with a ‘companion of fools’.
We get frustrated with our failures not realising that if only we ask God for wisdom, we will receive. We fight battles already won and get worn out. For what?
Today, I challenge you. 
What questions about your 2016 are you looking for? 

Is it fighting a battle? Is it being close to God? Is it knowing how to be the head and not the tail and succeed in everything you do? The answers, both what you were looking for, and especially what you weren’t expecting, are found in the only book that’s never outdated yet the oldest book. It knows your name and your story, back to back. It also has people similar to you that have gone through what you’re going through so you can learn from them. So stop wasting time making silly mistakes and blaming your past. Your future was written before you were born so before you panic about what it’s going to be, calm down and discover it in this book. It’s the Bible and I urge you to get more of a grip on it and begin to find solutions to your current, past and any future problems. It is, indeed the book of life and will become your life once you find it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment